By Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga
- Assembles key anthropological articles that problem authorised definitions and ideas of area and place
- Reveals how either the conceptual and fabric dimensions of house in addition to of outfitted kinds and panorama features are important to the creation of social life
- Includes creation that synthesizes current literature, highlights center concerns, and maps capability instructions for destiny research
- Brings classics in cultural anthropology including new theoretical approaches
Read Online or Download Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) PDF
Similar human geography books
Human Geography eleventh variation specializes in how each individual forges an identification in a globalized international. the elemental aim of this article is to supply scholars with a geographical perspective-analyzing anything inside its spatial, actual, and cultural context which gives very important and particular methods of viewing and realizing concerns in our international.
Knowing Cultural Geography: locations and lines bargains a finished advent to possibly the main intriguing and tough zone of human geography. by means of targeting the thought of ‘place’ as a key capacity during which tradition and identification is grounded, the publication showcases the large diversity of theories, tools and practices used in the self-discipline.
The USA international switch learn software (USGCRP) is a suite of thirteen Federal entities charged by way of legislation to aid the U.S. and the area to appreciate, determine, are expecting, and reply to human-induced and usual techniques of worldwide switch. because the realizing of world swap has advanced over the last a long time and as call for for clinical info on international swap has elevated, the USGCRP has more and more thinking about study which can tell judgements to deal with present weather variability and alter, to minimize the importance of destiny adjustments, and to arrange for adjustments projected over coming a long time.
The e-book outlines how cooperatives can be utilized as a device for improvement and reconciliation in post-conflict contexts. This publication additionally examines the successes and demanding situations for rising and latest cooperatives in Africa, whereas supplying either useful classes and insights into the idea. It provides thoroughly new fabrics at the cooperative stream, opposed to a backdrop of accelerating international reputation of the jobs of cooperatives and collective motion in socio-economic improvement.
- The Aegean Sea Dispute between Greece and Turkey: The Consequences for NATO and the EU
- Freiraum und Verhalten: Soziologische Aspekte der Nutzung und Planung städtischer Freiräume. Eine Einführung (German Edition)
- Making Maps, Third Edition
- Archaeology of Frontiers & Boundaries (Studies in Archaeology Series)
- Geography and Economy in South Africa and its Neighbours (Urban and Regional Planning and Development Series)
- Demographischer Wandel und die Auswirkungen auf die Ausbildung von Fachkräften in Berlin und Brandenburg: Ein Experteninterview (German Edition)
Additional resources for Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology)
Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) by Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga