By Geoffrey Woodward,Nicholas Fellows
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview requisites of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every suitable specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for various classes including:
- OCR: uprising and disease less than the Tudors 1485-1603
Read or Download Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
This leading edge ebook provides for the 1st time targeted histories of the impression of the nice conflict on British cinema within the silent interval, from real conflict photos to fiction filmmaking. In doing so it explores how cinema helped to form the general public reminiscence of the warfare throughout the 1920s.
Whilst Canadian troops and British Commandos made their now well-known ‘reconnaissance in strength’ opposed to the harbor city of Dieppe on nineteenth August 1942, they have been supported and guarded through the most important array of Royal Air strength plane ever obvious in WWII till that point. Air Marshal Trafford Leigh-Mallory, AOC of Fighter Command’s No.
Within the years following the wonderful Revolution, autonomous slave investors challenged the constitution of the Royal African corporation through saying their ordinary rights as Britons to exchange freely in enslaved Africans. during this accomplished historical past of the increase and fall of the RAC, William A. Pettigrew grounds the transatlantic slave exchange in politics, no longer financial forces, interpreting the ideological arguments of the RAC and its rivals in Parliament and in public debate.
Shoppers in eighteenth-century England have been firmly embedded in an increasing international of products, person who integrated quite a number novel meals (tobacco, chocolate, espresso, and tea) and new provides of extra proven commodities, together with sugar, spices, and dried culmination. a lot has been written in regards to the appeal of those items, which went from being novelties or pricey luxuries within the mid-seventeenth century to relevant parts of the British vitamin a century or solater.
- The American Civil War in British Culture: Representations and Responses, 1870 to the Present
- Everyday Life in Tudor London: Life in the City of Thomas Cromwell, William Shakespeare & Anne Boleyn
- Hong Kong Policeman: Law, Life and Death on the Streets of Hong Kong: An English Police Inspector Tells It as It Was
- Scarborough's Heroes, Rogues and Eccentrics
- Social Attitudes and Political Structures (Fifteenth Century Series)
Additional info for Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition by Geoffrey Woodward,Nicholas Fellows